Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day.....

......was soooo awesome. It was definitely the best one ever. I slept in and woke up to the kids waiting with presents. They got me a necklace that says"A mother holds her childs heart forever" and a windchime to put up at our new home(moving this week and next) Hunter handcrafted my card with roses, pumpkins and a giraffe and signed his own name. Very awesome. Then they left to go get me Starbucks while I got ready for the day. For those who don't know, there aren't too many Starbucks over here and it is a wonderful treat. They came home and Ken and I each had a morning time Mimosa( champagne and OJ) and then we left to go to the butterfly conservatory in a nearby town. This place was so awesome and peaceful. Even though it seemed like everyone thought it would be a good idea to take their moms there on Mother's day and it was pretty packed. It was just so beautiful and fun. The butterflies just land on people and you can hold them. Ken packed the transfer cord so I can't load the pictures, but next week I will. I got a cute butterfly bracelt and some earrings to match and a butterfly cookie cutter. Fun. We had icecream cones and then we went shopping for a new bedroom set. I'm so excited. We've never had a nice bedroom set so I can't wait for it to be delivered on Thursday. We are having it delivered to the new place, so I get to sit in an empty apartment for three or four hours and wait for the delivery guys. Very exciting. Then we went to dinner at Red Robin. I love that place. That was pretty much our day. I watched desperate housewives and went to bed. Wonderful day. I wish they could all be that great.
So, completely off subject, but I just thought of it. Mason scared me today. As you know we are packing to move and my china cabinet is now empty so Mason decided it would be a good place to hide. he started to cry and I went to check on him. He was wedged in the middle of the doors and cockeyed and so screwed up stuck I thought I would have to call 911 to get him out. His poor little chubby belly was all smashed and stuck and he was screaming. He didn't understand what I was telling him to do to maneuver him out. It was very sad and a pretty frustrating 15 minutes. Luckily I didn't have to call the ambulance. Poor guy.
Well, happy mothers day to anyone I didn't get to tell yesterday. Hopefully I will update soon, but you all know how I am.

No comments: