Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Fun

Hunter had his last day of school last Tuesday, so we've been trying to occupy our time. We went to our local zoo and saw all the animals. We also found this cool little park that has a swimming area in a pond and a playground and all the sports areas. It totally reminded me of Medical Lake and all the time we spent there as kids. I definitely plan on making that park a regular hangout. Today we went to the butterfly conservatory again. I love that place so much. It actually was storming out today and inside the conservatory, the rain was so loud and echoing. The kids were a little freaked out. I took a ton of pictures of the butterflies. I think I'm going to frame them all and put them in the bathroom or something in a design.
Ken's dad decided last minute to come visit, so he will arrive on Wednesday and stay for a week. Next weekend is the march for HARMD (Helping America Reduce Methadone Deaths) in Washington D.C. so it's really pretty great that Ken Sr. will get to come over and be a part of getting rid of Methadone. A lot of you know how active he has been in speaking to youth about losing Timmy, so hopefully this will help him emotionally too.
I don't know if Adrea is still planning to come visit. We haven't spoken about that in a while. I definitely want to plan an alone trip this summer, so I should probably get on that. That's all for now.

3 comments:

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

Uncle Dale was on a pretty heavy does of methadone for a bit right after his cancer diagnosis. Thankfully he is off of it now and on to the pain patches. It always scared me, too. If I may ask, who was Timmy and what was his story?

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

PS that should said dose, these dang acrylic nails are pissin' me off! I can't type. Or spell for that matter...

morgantyan said...

Timmy is Ken's brother. He died in March 2006 at the age of 17 from an overdose. He was complaining of a headache to a friend and she gave him what her heroine addict mom took for headaches...methadone. He took the whole wafer, when it is supposed to be broken into quarters, but people don't know that. He was found unconcious in bed the next morning by my father in law and died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Terrible story.